Thursday, June 29, 2017

How many gods do you have on the throne?

Today's study takes me to 1 Samuel 5:1-6. And of course my mind wanders as always.

Verse 5 says because Dagon's statue fell on the threshold and busted apart (in front of the Ark) his priest would not step on the threshold. At first I get real judgemental and I think "the priest honor the threshold"? Really. They fail to see that Dagon had fallen because he was in the presence of the most high God (the ark).

Instead of choosing to honor God they choose to honor the threshold instead. To me that's crazy.  But, really how many times do I honor the thing instead of God who created the thing.

Example:  Maybe in 1912 God showed me something while I was down at the river. So now instead of honoring God I choose to honor the river as a holy place, going there to sit and meditate.  Maybe God gave me something, showed me a thing, made a way, or did something really unique (as He has so many times for all of us) yet instead of honoring God, I began to unconsciously honor God's act, deed or gift.

This is crazy, yet I am guilty.

There is only room on the throne for one God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment. I am still in the process of learning how to blog. Your comments will help.