Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Never fold, Never give up.

Life is often like a game of cards. You can choose to stay, draw, fold, ante up, or just quit. Quitting has never been an option for me. Many times the stakes have been very high. Many times I have lost. Sometimes the loss so great, continuing to play, was done on auto pilot, just going through the motions. I have, at times, thought long and hard about folding. However, it never was in me to do so. Though I'm really not a gambler, I've always felt like I must continue to play. Sometimes the hand dealt can be a flush or even a full house, Love, Marriage, birth of your children and even grandchildren are included in those hands. Sometimes you must draw, failures, mistakes, human error. Sometimes the mistake was to draw, when I should have stuck with the original hand. But more than often that lesson was learned after the mistake was already made. Sometimes you must bluff yourself convincing yourself that the hand is good, even when it looks like you must fold. After the hand is played you will see that you played correctly all along. Sometimes the hand dealt leads to sudden death, but you must continue to play anyway, (sickness, death, and human loss). Quitting is never an option. Choosing to quit is never a good move. Even though it looks tragic, and many times it is, don't stop playing, the very next hand may be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment. I am still in the process of learning how to blog. Your comments will help.