Saturday, October 29, 2016

What happened to your song?

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."~Maya Angelo

What happened to your song?

Did you sing and no one sang back?

Maybe you sang and some one answered,  but in time their song became ugly and cruel?

Maybe you just got tired of singing in a world that stunk?

Maybe you find it hard to sing now because of mourning?

Why did you stop?

I remember a very happy place, no it wasn't a trouble free place. I worked ìn at a Wilderness School placement for girls (alot of heart breaking stories along with victories).  I was a young widow raising teens. I still had car trouble, bills, and life. No it wasn't trouble free, to say the least.

Yet, it was a very happy place. I was surrounded by a GREAT group of co-workers, in an office down deep in the piney woods of East Texas. Oh how I loved that job. The open atmosphere, the smell of cookies coming from the kitchen, the change in the seasons, the presence of God. What can I say,  I loved that place. Oh I already said that.

I often found myself in the office alone. While doing my duties I'd go about the empty rambling building singing with all my heart. I was full and I could not contain it.
I laugh as I think of a few times as I rounded the corner to find I wasn't as alone as I thought I was. I wasn't the only one who smelled cookies from the kitchen.

I remember one of these times that I ran right smack into the director. I was bellering to the top of my lungs, praise to my Jesus. uhoh, Boy was I embarrased.

But you know what? He actually complimented me on my singing (he must of been tone deaf). I apologized for bellering. He said he enjoyed it and told me to keep it up. He said, It encouraged him as he sat in his office (who'd of thunk it).

It wasn't long after that the school closed. I now find myself 15 years later.

Where is that song? What did I do with it? It must be here somewhere?

Promise to myself, not only to look for the song, but to find it.

Psalm 40:3 He put a new song in my mouth.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment. I am still in the process of learning how to blog. Your comments will help.