Friday, October 28, 2016

Make me Blind, that I can see

1 Samuel 16:7

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

God help me to look with your eyes.

I hear what my eyes tell me.
I look at a person's mannerisms, I look at the visible battle scars or soft lines, I see suits, blue jeans or tattered clothing. I see hair piled a mile high or hair that hasn't been combed in a while. I see tattoos and face piercings. I see cowboy boots and shirts with slogans. I hear what is coming out of a person's mouth, sweet words, harsh words, dominant conversation, and no words at all.

AND I FORM AN OPINION.

I fail to remember often what I see is a smoke screen, a shield. Often put up by that person to keep people like me from seeing what is real.

A person dominating the conversation because he must prove to you that he IS somebody. A person who doesn't speak because countless times no one has listened. That women dressed to the hilt because society told her if she did she would fit in, she would be part of the group. And the teen who appears un-kept because no one cares.

Oh God please help me become blind, that I may see deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment. I am still in the process of learning how to blog. Your comments will help.